NZ Dating Sites for Fat Guys: Safe Haven You’ve Been Looking For
There is a whole range of dating apps and sites for many people: those looking to hook up, get married, as well as people interested in specific quirks. There are even dedicated platforms where guys can meet chubby girls, but what about dating sites for fat men? Do they even exist? The answer is both yes and no. There are indeed very few dedicated dating sites for fat men in New Zealand, as well as in the rest of the world. However, plenty of general platforms welcome all users, regardless of their weight. And, of course, there are bbw sites where eligible bachelors can meet plus-size women. But which sites should a chubby man use to meet local singles and maybe even start a relationship? Let’s find out below.
Online dating for big men: odds and options
So, you have two major options — using overweight guys dating sites and using general dating platforms. Each has its ups and downs, so let’s quickly discuss them below.
Using a dating website for fat guys. On the face of it, it all seems pretty simple and logical — you log in to a dating service for big guys in New Zealand and wait for the lady that has been dreaming of a guy like you to reach out. Yes? No! First, because there are few services like that. Second, because New Zealand is not the most populous nation in the globe, so the odds are not that impressive. And third — girls will be girls, most of them will be looking for you to reach out first. So, this option only looks like the safe haven of acceptance; in practice, unless you’re very lucky, it’s a path that leads nowhere.
As for using a site for plus-size women, a whole new range of questions arises. The first one — who said chubby people should stick together? Do you even like plus-size women? Who said a big woman necessary wants to date a big guy? So, this sub-option is also not a good idea, which leads us to the next point.
Using a general dating app. This seems like a trivial idea, but plenty of general dating sites have sophisticated search filters that allow to set up more than your location. Here, you can indicate what kind of a relationship you’re looking for and what kind of person you would like to meet. It’s really all about setting your search parameters, and the odds of meeting someone on a general platform are quite high. As for the weight, do not forget the latest results of the NZ Health department, which found out that “around 1 in 3 adults (aged 15 years and over) were obese (32%).” Nearly third of the country’s population is NOT a minority, so the most trivial path is, in this particular case, the most effective one.
The tricks to using any dating app of your choosing
Now, let’s figure out how you use a dating app, no matter which platform you go for:
- Know what you’re looking for. For starters, dating sites differ a lot when it comes to their target audience. Some platforms are made for relationship-minded; others are aimed at quick hookups. This is the first factor to consider when choosing matchmaking sites in NZ.
- Set up the search filter. Once you know what relationship pattern you’re interested in and what kind of person you’re looking for, make sure to indicate these criteria in the search filter. Both dating sites for chubby guys and general dating apps should have at least dozen of different search parameters you can make use of.
- Take time to play with the settings. Sometimes, it’s better to adjust search parameters on the go. If the first attempt does not seem to work, adjust a couple of criteria to see how that goes.
- Keep it authentic. Always include only relevant information in your profile. That includes your latest picture, weight, job, etc. And, of course, when chatting with someone, tell the truth and nothing but the truth — that is, if you plan to meet this lady in person someday.
Making it work offline: 4 self-help tips that work
- Accept yourself and the others. Your acceptance issues are one of the reasons you’ve started looking for dating sites for fat guys in the first place. Maybe, it’s time to stop seeing yourself as ‘different’ (see the stats above for reassurance).
- Listen to your date, not your fears. On an actual date, be attentive to what your partner tells you and encourage her with questions. Girls love to talk and appreciate a guy who can listen.
- Remember, it’s not always about you. Meaning that not every joke or comment is on you, so don’t take everything personally.
- Open up to the world, and it will return the favor. This is the absolute truth. The world is full of opportunities and you if really want to meet like-minded singles, it’s time to open up and let them see you what you truly are.